Sunday, April 19, 2009

:: Event :: Anna Sui's New Launch of Super Black Mascaras

I attended Anna Sui's tea party on their new launch of Super Black Mascaras on 18 April 2009 at BHG Bugis Anna Sui Counter.

I tell you..when I reached at the Anna Sui Cosmetic Counter...I get a horror shock of my life. I never see so many ladies swarming around at the pathetic small counter... No, I should say swarming around at the "2 pathetic small comestic booths" As though, there is some " BIG SALE" going on over there.... The cosmetic counter is soooo packed with ladies and you can't move around freely at the cosmetic booth to test their new mascaras / other cosmetic products.

There are only 3 or 4 Sale Assistants on that day. And these poor sale ladies are really shorthanded to handle such big crowd. And you can never get the kind of quality service attention from the sale girls. When I approach one of their sale girl to enquire more about the new mascara products.. she replied to me in a very rude manner. As if I have pissed her off or she doesn't want to entertain me.

But of course, I can understand their frustration Coz they are trying to juggle with the other ladies enquiring as well.

Anyway...my reviews on this Anna Sui tea party event...DISAPPOINTED.

Firstly, this event is NOT exclusive to cozycot members that signed up. That means any ladies who drop by during that day..they can approach the counter and juz join in. They should have thought of conducting a private sale event.

Basically Anna Sui is only interested to achieve their sale targets by attracting more consumers to buy their products.

I don't get the service attention from the sale assistant. I never used Anna Sui products before, so I need some beauty advice from the sale assistant to recommend me their cosmetic products. Unforunately, they are too busy to entertain me.

I tested their new super black mascaras range. Sad to say...it is not that fantastic as they claimed to be... Nothing special to me. In fact, the coating is abit too liquidifed and not thick enough. After I apply the mascara onto my lashes and leave it dry....when I battered my eye lashed, it smudged onto my lower eyelid. Well...I dun think the mascara has the "quick-dry formula" that allow it to dry faster so that you can apply several coats to give lash definition.

About their product design, the mascacra coating smudged on my hands after I capped up the masacra application. And it just get too messy.... I dun like it at all!

They have 3 type of mascaras- Full, Long & Volume.

1) Full Mascacra - It is just ordinary. The masacra coating is really black. But it does not give curl or lengthen effect. Rather more on volumized and helps to separate the lashes to give a result of "spreading out like fan" effect.

2) Long Mascara - The mascara coating consist of the fibres, so that it helps to add length to lashes. But no matter how i apply several coats to my lashes...I can't get the lengthening effect!

3) Volume - It does give volumizing effect maybe because of its coating is super black in colour. But when you apply too much coating onto your lashes. It becomes too heavy and lumping. And it starts to smudge to your lower eyelids.

My Final verdict on the Mascaras...

If you want to achieve a long & volumized lashes. You need to apply two different kind of mascara to achieve that kind of effect you want. Which I think is too much a hassle for me. Before you can achieve the result you want, your lashes may become too heavy or too lumping because you apply too much mascaras.
And the price of Anna Sui mascara is not cheap. It costs about S$41.00 bucks. I would rather you buy cheaper brand like Maybelline or Loreal which cost less than S$20 bucks. And you still can get the same kind of effect you want with just one application of the same mascara.

Although, my reviews about them is quite bad, the only consolation they can get from me..is the goody bag.

They have nice Anna Sui paperbag and their goodies consist of:
- A trial size Super Black Long Lash Mascara
- Anna Sui " Live your Dream" Fragance Vial
- A Protective Fluid Foundation Sample (0.13oz)
- 4 Sachets of Control Colour Primer UV
- A Protective Powder Foundation Sample

2 comments:

  1. Ah so sad, I was dying to go for this event, cos I'm a fan (X3) of the Anna Sui super long mascara.

    But I hope the IMEDEEN one made up for your disappointment here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...I think I would prefer to attend Imedeen Event :) I'm glad I made the correct choice to attend it.

    At least, I dun have to squeeze myself for a space at the Anna Sui counter to fight with other ladies for the mascaras. Muahahaha..

    ReplyDelete